How to Display Calendar Events in Search Results (Google SERPs)
Last Updated on
Google displays calendar events in search results or Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) to make it easier for users to understand and attend the event posted on their favorite websites. An example is our very own website. When you type in imark calendar on Google, you’ll see an event snippet with details of the events.
If you organize events, and you want exposure on Google search results viewed by billions of users, you’ll love this event snippet.
Rich Snippet for Event to Show Calendar Events in Search Results
Mark up your organized events so that users can discover events through Google Search results and other Google products like Google Maps.
You can add all types of events through markup — from performances by famous artists, to a neighborhood salsa class. Adding markup to your events makes it easier for users to discover and attend your event.
Guidelines to Show Calendar Events in Search Results
You must follow the general structured data quality guidelines and technical guidelines for your event to be eligible to be shown in Search results. In addition, the following guidelines apply to event structured data.
Technical Guidelines to Show Calendar Events in Search Results
- The target page must contain structured data items from event types on schema.org
- Each event MUST have a unique URL (a leaf page) and markup on that URL.
Content Guidelines to Show Calendar Events in Search Results
- Each event must accurately describe the event name, start date, and location.
- Avoid marking non-events as events:
- Don’t promote non-event products or services such as “Trip package: San Diego/LA, 7 nights” as events.
- Don’t add short-term discounts or purchase opportunities, such as: “Concert — buy your tickets now,” or “Concert – 50% off until Saturday.”
- Don’t mark business hours as events, such as: “Adventure park open 8 AM to 5PM.”
- Don’t mark coupons or vouchers as events, such as: “5% off your first order.”
- Mark up multi-day events correctly:
- If your event or ticket info is for an event that runs over several days, specify both the start and end dates of the event.
- If there are several different performances across different days, each with individual tickets, add a separate Event element for each performance.
Display IMARK Events Calendar with IMARK-Optimized CMS Websites
IMARK International manages websites of event organizers in Asia. Event Snippet is one of the most helpful features that shows up on Google search results. It is IMARK SEO Team that optimizes search results based on an advanced SEO techniques.